Another lovely treat time snack picked out by Claire
Cornflake & Malteser Rocky Road (from Janes Patisserie.com)
– 500g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 200g Golden Syrup
– 200g Unsalted Butter
– 125g Cornflakes or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
– 2x 103g Pack Maltesers
– 125g Mini Marshmallows
1) Line a 9×9″ square baking tray with parchment paper, leave to the side.
2) Melt the golden syrup and butter gently in a pan on a low heat – when the butter and syrup have melted fully and started to bubble slightly, turn the heat off and add the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted – if it doesn’t quite melt then turn the heat back on to a very low setting so that the chocolate doesn’t split.
3) Pour the cornflakes, maltesers, and mini marshmallows into a large bowl and pour the chocolate/syrup mix on top. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly until its all coated well. Pour into the tin and press down very firmly. Leave to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or a bit longer if it still feels too soft.
4) Once set, carefully remove from the tin and cut into your pieces. I do 4×4 so I get 16 large pieces, or 5×5 for slightly smaller but still delicious sized pieces. Dust with Icing Sugar or give it an extra drizzle of chocolate for show.