Another lovely treat time snack picked out by Claire
Cornflake & Malteser Rocky Road (from Janes Patisserie.com)
– 500g Milk Chocolate, chopped
– 200g Golden Syrup
– 200g Unsalted Butter
– 125g Cornflakes or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes
– 2x 103g Pack Maltesers
– 125g Mini Marshmallows
1) Line a 9×9″ square baking tray with parchment paper, leave to the side.
2) Melt the golden syrup and butter gently in a pan on a low heat – when the butter and syrup have melted fully and started to bubble slightly, turn the heat off and add the chopped chocolate and stir until the chocolate has melted – if it doesn’t quite melt then turn the heat back on to a very low setting so that the chocolate doesn’t split.
3) Pour the cornflakes, maltesers, and mini marshmallows into a large bowl and pour the chocolate/syrup mix on top. Mix the ingredients together thoroughly until its all coated well. Pour into the tin and press down very firmly. Leave to set in the fridge for 3-4 hours, or a bit longer if it still feels too soft.
4) Once set, carefully remove from the tin and cut into your pieces. I do 4×4 so I get 16 large pieces, or 5×5 for slightly smaller but still delicious sized pieces. Dust with Icing Sugar or give it an extra drizzle of chocolate for show.
Posts on here by Lesley keeping you up to date with what's happening in our wee world!